Ricoh Announces The Development Of Two New Units For The GXR Interchangeable Unit Camera System
Ricoh today announced the development of two new camera units for the GXR interchangeable unit camera system introduced on December 18, 2009.
Ricoh P10 28-300 mm F3.5-5.6 VC
The GXR is a revolutionary new interchangeable unit camera system in which lenses can be changed by mounting camera units that integrate lens, image sensor, and image processing engine into a single unit. In addition, to fully utilize this system's unique ability to accommodate interchangeable units other than camera units, Ricoh is also investigating possibilities for development of a variety of other devices.
This announcement concerns the introduction of the following two new camera units, as an addition to the two camera units introduced at the same time as the GXR body.
- Camera unit RICOH LENS P10 28-300 mm F3.5-5.6 VC
- With an original Ricoh noise reduction function and a back-illuminated CMOS sensor, this camera unit expands the photographer's range of expression by making it possible to shoot high-quality images in scenes ranging from low light to bright light.
- Featuring a high-magnification 10.7x (28-300 mm) optical wide-angle zoom, this unit has 120 frame/second high-speed continuous shooting ability plus a wide range of other functional capabilities such as RAW image recording, image settings adjustable to nine levels, multi-target AF, and much more.
- Start of sales planned for the summer of 2010.
* The "VC" designation indicates that this unit has the vibration correction function developed independently by Ricoh.
- Camera unit GR LENS A12 28 mm F2.5* (name tentative)
- Featuring a newly developed 28 mm fixed-focal-length GR LENS, this camera unit achieves high resolution and high imaging power.
- A 23.6 mm x 15.7 mm (APS-C size) CMOS sensor is used. The combination of this sensor with the GR ENGINE III image processing engine enables the camera unit to shoot high-quality images with smooth tone gradations as well as high definition and low noise.
- There is a manual focus ring that can be used for precise focus adjustments.
- Start of sales planned for the winter of 2010.
The GXR is a revolutionary new interchangeable unit camera system in which lenses can be changed by mounting camera units that integrate lens, image sensor, and image processing engine into a single unit.
Ricoh plans to have RICOH LENS P10 28-300 mm F3.5-5.6 VC camera units on display at the CP(+) CAMERA & PHOTO IMAGING SHOW to be held at PACIFICO Yokohama from March 11 (Thu.) to March 14 (Sun.).
* The names, specifications, and release timing of the above products are subject to change.
* All of the lens focal lengths in this release are converted to the equivalent values for a 35 mm film camera.
- May 7, 2010
Ricoh Announces Ricoh Lens P10 28-300 MM F3.5-5.6 VCRicoh today announced the development and release of the new GXR camera unit RICOH LENS P10 28-300 mm F3. Also included are a 1280 x 720 pixel HD movie function, the dynamic range double shot mode function, a macro function capable of close-up shooting at 1 cm, and many other enhanced functions for diverse and effortless enjoyment of shooting from 28 mm wide-angle to 300 mm telephoto...
- Feb 3, 2010
New Compact Ultra Zoom Camera From Ricoh: The CX3Ricoh today announced the release of the CX3, a new digital camera featuring a high magnification 10. The 13 scene modes includes two popular modes introduced on the CX2: "miniaturize mode" makes it possible to shoot actual scenes but record images that recreate the impression given when photographing miniatures; "high-contrast B&W mode" makes it possible to record images with a grainy feel such as that created by using ultra-high-sensitivity film in a film camera or by push processing film at the development stage...
- Dec 21, 2009
In Collaboration With US Fashion Brand Stussy Ricoh Launches GR Digital III Stussy CameraRicoh today announced the release of GR DIGITAL III x STUSSY, a collaboration model with US fashion brand manufacturer STUSSY Incorporated (headquarters: Irvine, California, the United States) which features special coloring. The GR DIGITAL III x STUSSY retains the performance of the GR DIGITAL III, which introduced superior image quality, and changes the color of essential parts such as the ring cap and shutter button, the area around the mode dial, etc...
- Nov 10, 2009
Ricoh GXR The Smallest And Ligtest Interchangeable Lens Camera AnnouncedRicoh today announced the development and release of the GXR interchangeable unit camera system featuring the world's smallest and lightest* digital camera with the ability to change lenses. By integrating lens, image sensor, and image processing engine into a single optimized unit, we were able to created a compact camera with interchangeable lenses...
- Aug 20, 2009
Ricoh To Introduce CX2 Super-Zoom Compact CameraRicoh today announced the development and release of the CX2, a new digital camera featuring a high magnification 10. The new CX2 inherits many popular features from its predecessor, the CX1 (introduced March 13, 2009), such as the high image quality and expanded dynamic range made possible by image processing engine Smooth Imaging Engine IV and a high-speed image processing CMOS sensor...