Fujifilm Unveils World's Smallest* 12x Optical Zoom Digital Camera
FUJIFILM U.S.A. Inc. today announced the successor to the wildly popular SLR-styled FinePix S700 with the introduction of the world's smallest digital camera with a 12x optical zoom, the FinePix S1000fd.
Fujifilm FinePix S700
Perfect for advanced amateur photographers who want an affordable, step-up digital camera, the 10-MegaPixel FinePix S1000fd builds on the legacy of the FinePix S700 with the addition of a Fujinon 12x optical zoom (33mm-396mm equivalent) for greater range and flexibility, Fujifilm's proprietary Face Detection Technology with Automatic Red Eye Removal, and a brand new Panoramic Shooting mode.
Face Detection with Automatic Red Eye Removal
Face Detection operates by identifying and prioritizing up to 6 faces in a framed scene, and then adjusting the focus and exposure accordingly to ensure the sharpness and clarity of human subjects in the picture, regardless of background. After a shot is captured each detected face is instantly checked for red eye; if it is found, it is corrected automatically, saving the time-consuming process of fixing it later.
Panorama Shooting Mode
Perfect for advanced amateur photographers who want an affordable, step-up digital camera, the 10-MegaPixel FinePix S1000fd builds on the legacy of the FinePix S700 with the addition of a Fujinon 12x optical zoom (33mm-396mm equivalent) for greater range and flexibility, Fujifilm's proprietary Face Detection Technology with Automatic Red Eye Removal, and a brand new Panoramic Shooting mode.Face Detection with Automatic Red Eye Removal
For catching beautiful scenery or very large groups, the new Panorama Shooting mode makes it easy to create impressive panoramic photos. This mode captures and combines a maximum of three consecutive shots at 3 MegaPixel resolution each, which are saved to the memory card as a panoramic picture.
Rounding out the FinePix S1000fd's powerful feature set is a large 2.7" high-resolution (230k pixel) LCD plus electronic viewfinder (EVF) and ISO levels of up to ISO 1600 at full resolution and ISO 3200 at 3 MegaPixel resolution.
Fujifilm's new FinePix S1000fd also offers the following useful features:
- Picture Stabilization mode: A selectable mode, Picture Stabilization uses the heightened sensitivity of the FinePix S1000fd and high-speed shutter settings to reduce blur caused by hand-shake or subject movement. It allows the camera to automatically choose the correct light sensitivity and optimal shutter speed to produce clear, blur-free images.
- Full Manual Photographic Control: Photo enthusiasts and advanced photographers have total control with manual adjustment options for various camera settings including resolution, ISO, aperture, shutter speed and more.
- High Speed Shooting: Capture the action with the High Speed Shooting mode: 7.5 fps @ 2MP for 15 shots; 3.3 fps @ 5MP for 6 shots; and 1.4 fps @ 10MP for 3 shots.
- Movie Recording: VGA quality at 30 frames per second with sound.
- 14 Pre-programmed Scene Modes: The FinePix S1000fd features 14 pre-programmed scene modes that offer a one-touch setting for almost any situation, including: Portrait, Landscape, Sport, Night, Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Museum, Party, Flower, Text.
- xD / SD / SD-HC Compatible slot: The FinePix S1000fd features an “
xD/SD Compatible slot” which accepts not only Fujifilm's traditional xD-Picture Cards but also Secure Digital (SD) and SD-High Capacity/SD-HC cards too.
- Operates on 4xAA Batteries: The ultimate in convenience and accessibility, using AA batteries means in a pinch, more batteries are just moments away.
"With the FinePix S1000fd, Fujifilm is offering advanced amateur photographers an affordable, step-up digital camera," said David Troy, senior product manager, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc. "Fitted with a Fujinon 12x optical zoom for greater range and flexibility and a new Panoramic Shooting mode for capturing beautiful scenic shots with ease, the FinePix S1000fd is packed full of high-end features and priced at a level consumers can afford."
The FinePix S1000fd will debut in April 2008 at a retail price of $249.95.
* Smallest 10 MegaPixel – 12X optical zoom as of January, 2008
- Oct 18, 2013
Fujifilm XQ1 Offers 12 MP 2/3” X-Trans CMOS II Sensor With Phase DetectionFUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced the new FUJIFILM XQ1, a premium pocket-sized digital camera with a bright FUJINON F1. “The XQ1 combines the amazing image quality of the Fujifilm X Series with ultra-portability that makes taking beautiful pictures enjoyable anywhere,” said Manny Almeida, senior vice president and general manager, FUJIFILM North America Corporation, Imaging and Electronic Imaging Divisions...
- Oct 18, 2013
Fujifilm X-E2 Features 16.3 MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor And Fast Hybrid AF With Phase DetectionFUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced the new FUJIFILM X-E2, a premium interchangeable lens camera featuring the latest generation 16. ..
- Jan 30, 2013
Fujifilm Launches FinePix F900EXR Premium Compact Ultra Zoom With World's Fastest Autofocus Speed And Wi-FiFUJIFILM today announced the premium, compact long-zoom FinePix F900EXR digital camera that features a new Intelligent Hybrid AF system that focuses as fast as 0. “And after you’ve captured those amazing images, the F900EXR now allows you to share the images quickly and easily with its new Wi-Fi-certified Wireless Image Transfer function.”..
- Jan 30, 2013
Fujifilm Debuts New Slim And Feature-Packed FinePix JX680FUJIFILM today announced the introduction of the FinePix JX680, a slim digital camera with a FUJINON 5x optical zoom lens (26-130mm) that is thin enough to fit in your jeans or purse to take wherever you go. “The FinePix JX680 offers consumers a stylish combination of powerful features and creative options all in a slim and affordable compact digital camera that fits in your pocket,” said David Troy, director of marketing, Digital Cameras, FUJIFILM North America Corporation, Electronic Imaging Division...
- Jan 30, 2013
Fujifilm Releases FinePix S6800 and S4800 Long Zoom CamerasFUJIFILM announces its newest S-Series all-in-one bridge cameras, well-known for their precision FUJINON lenses and simple, compact designs. Both S-Series cameras have an easy to use Mode Dial for shooting selection, a bright 3.0” LCD screen (460k-dot S6800 and 230K-dot S4800) for easy viewing and image framing and the S6800 adds a dual zoom control for speed and precision zooming....